A Mini Lesson In Technology

 A Mini Lesson Using Scratch!

My group had the chance to teach a mini lesson on using scratch as a technology tool. We found that it was very engaging with all of the exciting features it offers. Our peers were excited to take part in the activities and enjoyed experimenting with this tool and overall, it was a success! Our peers were also able to show us their understanding of using this tool to create a mini band which exemplified their ability to manipulate technology in a way that made sense to them. One thing I would change for next time is simply making sure we don't lose track of time with the excitement of this tool!

In my future practice, I could see myself using this tool in music classes or in the arts. I could also encourage students to use this tool as a way for them to creatively create presentations as I noticed that the user is able to record their own voice and place it into their scratch creations! How cool!



Click this image to access the lesson plan my group created for this mini lesson





Comments

  1. Hi Jamie! This is great! You shared what worked well and what you would change in the future to improve your teaching! Your image is great and your link to the lesson plan works perfectly. What did you find to be the most successful in this lesson? Loved this!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam! Thank you for your comment! I found the most successful part of this lesson to be the time where our "students" were able to share their creations! I found it really awesome to see all of the new things that they had found through exploration on their own! So cool!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jamie! Great blog posting! I really enjoyed reading about your take on our experience teaching a lesson on scratch! I love that you really thought critically about your experience and also that you gave a way that you would change this lesson for next time!

    It might be beneficial to include ways that you think you could use this app in your future practice!

    Overall great posting! I loved reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thank you for your comment Logan! That was definitely something that I had missed at first! Thank you for catching that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coding For Kids!

Machu Picchu Exploration