Coding For Kids!

 Coding for Kids!



Click on this image to access my Scratch lesson plan!

Creating this lesson allowed me to understand how many different directions I could bring coding into the classroom with my future students. I was able to understand how coding isn't restricted to only mathematics, but can be used in all curricular areas. In this lesson, I planned to use Scratch at the Grade 6 Level in the unit of Trees and Forests. This lesson integrates both the ICT and Science curricular outcomes seamlessly and this is a lesson that I really hope I will get to teach one day! In this activity, students would be challenged to use scratch in order to create a code that would provide viewers with a mini presentation about an animal that lives in our Canadian Forests. Students would choose a sprite, and insert different movements and comments in order to share at least 5 interesting facts about the creature of their choice. By the end of this lesson, students would have an incredible grasp of how creatures interact with trees and forests and will achieve even greater exposure to coding knowledge.

Comments

  1. Hi Jamie! Great work on this posting. You have all the requirements, the link to your lesson works perfectly, I really like your image, and you have discussed how you can use this in your future teaching career! Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Machu Picchu Exploration

A Mini Lesson In Technology