Digitally Connecting With Nature
Digitally Connecting With Nature
Click on this image to access my lesson plan!
This lesson was inspired by our partners' interaction with the educational app that they taught their peer technology lesson on. This lesson provides students with the opportunity to use the app called SkyView Lite in order to connect with nature and build an understanding of constellations and how the earth works. In my future practice, I would definitely use this app as a tool with my students in order to encourage students in their relationship with nature. As technology evolves, we must also adapt as teachers and find exciting ways to engage students by using their interests and also encourage positive relationships with the land we inhabit. I hope that I will have the opportunity to teach this lesson one day in the classroom as I believe it would prove to be an inventive and exciting way to engage students in deeper connections with nature.
Hi Jamie! I really love this lesson plan! You did a great job designing your activity! I loved how you had the students going out to the Sandy Cross to complete this lesson. I also enjoyed reading about your differentiation.
ReplyDeleteThe link to your lesson plan works, you have a title, and you included a description of how you will use this in your future practice!
Great job! You have a title, your link to your lesson plan works great, you have a visual in your blog and I love all the colour in your post. You have also talked about how you would use this in your future teaching practice as well! One wish/recommendation I would give would be to link the app you discussed and used in your post and lesson!
ReplyDelete