Final Thoughts and Takeaways
Final Thoughts and Takeaways
This course allowed me to see so many fantastic uses of technology for myself as an educator and for the students that I will be teaching for years to come. One major takeaway that I found with this course was the use of Twitter and blogging as a way to retrieve information for lessons and to also share my work with other educators and students. I found that during my practicum, I was able to use both of these resources as a great support if I was ever looking for creative, COVID-friendly lessons and activities for the grade fives that I was teaching. I also found this course to be incredibly helpful in easing any concerns that I would've had if I had to switch to teaching virtually in my practicum. Furthermore, it was really exciting to look more into learning about coding for kids as this was an area that I had never known anything about and I know that coding is something that we are going to be seeing more and more of in the schools in the coming years. This course also answered many of the burning questions that I had about documenting student understanding and using technology as as engaging resource for students that fosters deep understanding of curricular outcomes.

Hi Jamie! I loved reading about your take-aways from the class. You talked about what you learned from the class, how your burning question was answered, what you learned from others, and how you helped others learn! I also like that you used bitmoji pictures and linked the resource you used. Great job. I really enjoyed reading your posts this semester.
ReplyDeleteHi Jamie!
ReplyDeleteYou have had such an amazing semester and practicum and you should be very proud of all that you've accomplished! I am sure impressed with you and your work! I really liked how you talked about how you learned a lot about coding for kids as this was one of my biggest takeaways from the semester too!
You answered all of the questions and you have wonderful graphics! My only feedback would be to maybe go into more detail about how the course helped you answer your burning question!
Congratulations and Merry Christmas! I can't wait to see you again (virtually of course) in the New Year!